- We use your personal data to administer our event, allow you to access MozFest and our various workshops, sessions and activities, ensure the safety and security of attendees, carry out interviews and surveys during the event and collect images and footage of our event to promote future MozFests and Mozilla Foundation activities.
- We receive and share data from and with our suppliers, including our event management platform provider, to help carry out this processing, as well as with the media and promoters as necessary to promote MozFest and the Mozilla Foundation. This involves transfers of your data to the Mozilla Foundation in the United States, as operators of the MozFest event.
- We may seek your consent to send you updates about future MozFests, other Mozilla Foundation activities and events or to ask you to join our MozFest 2022 research cohort and be included in our report participants list. Where we rely on your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
References in this policy to the Mozilla Foundation, we or us shall mean the Mozilla Foundation. This policy describes our use of your data as a result of your registration and attendance at MozFest.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section below.
As a data controller we collect and process data you provide us when you (or your parent or guardian) register for the festival or when you interact with our workshops and sessions at MozFest. This can include the collection of photography and footage of our MozFest events, which we use for promotional purposes. We also interview attendees during our events, and may collect your information during Mozfest during these interviews. We also collect personal data about you when you communicate with us before and after the event. We also receive information from our processors, such as our event management and ticketing platform where you purchase a ticket. Mozilla does not receive any of your credit card or related payment information, which is processed by Stripe.
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- Where you have bought a ticket for MozFest or for a workshop or session, we process your data to provide your ticket, process your payment and to provide you with the services you have purchased, in order to perform our contract with you;
- We also process your personal data to protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, in particular:
- we use data collected about attendees to administer our events, in particular to manage our events, admit ticketed guests, and ensure the safety and security of our attendees, volunteers and staff;
- we collect photography and footage of our events, including our workshops, sessions and other event areas, which we use to create news content of our events, to provide recordings of our events and to further promote MozFests and other Mozilla Foundation events in the future;
- we carry out interviews and surveys during our events, for use in our content and to carry out market research; and
- we use your data in connection with legal claims, compliance, audits and investigations as necessary in connection with our events. This may, in some circumstances, lead to our sharing of information with third parties requesting access to details of attendees for these purposes,
- Compliance with applicable laws; and
- Where you have given your consent:
- we will add you to join our MozFest 2022 research cohort and be included in our list of participant thanked in our cohort report;
- we will add you to our mailing lists; and
- we will process data as described in any future consent you give us.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. If you choose to join a marketing list, you can withdraw your consent to this at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details set out below. Any circumstances in which we seek your consent will be truly voluntary, and there will be no detriment to you if you refuse consent.
Personal data will be collected by the Mozilla Foundation in the United States, who organize this event.
Information about our events, including news content, footage and photography of our events, may be published on our sites and shared with media partners to record, report on and promote our events.
Personal data will be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of the Mozilla Foundation for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, our event management and ticketing platform, IT service providers, payment processors and our event partners and facilitators.
In the event that the Mozilla Foundation is integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Where information is transferred outside the EEA, except for the initial collection of information by the Mozilla Foundation as the event organizer, and where this not as a result of contractual necessary or to a third party in a country subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, your data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to email@example.com.
You are entitled to ask the Mozilla Foundation for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations in a structured, machine readable format.
You also have rights to object to some processing. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example if fulfilling the request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local laws such as the Data Protection Act 2018. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our relationship with you or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Mozilla, Attn: Legal Notices - Privacy, 2 Harrison St., Ste. 175, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to a relevant data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority may be the supervisory authority where you live, work or where processing takes place.
We will hold details relating to your purchase of a ticket for at least 2 years following your purchase.
We may also hold other information about you where required by law, such as for health and safety or accounting records. In these cases, we will hold information for as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law, and will ensure your data is reviewed over time to ensure it is not held where no longer necessary.
We will retain footage and photography obtained at our events, and any interview input you have provided, for an indefinite period to retain a record of our events and to promote our future events.