Being a volunteer at the festival is a great behind-the-scenes chance to learn how this incredible event unfolds. If you’re a Mozilla fan and a supporter of internet health, it’s the perfect way to contribute to the cause. And if you’re a newcomer to MozFest, it’s a way to join in, have a role and a team right off the bat.
Are you local to the Nairobi, Kenya area and interested in joining us to help bring MozFest House: Kenya to life?
MozFest House is an extension of MozFest, the premiere gathering for activists in diverse global movements fighting for a more humane digital world. It’s a local event that manifests the essence of MozFest in a regional setting, through small in-person sessions, workshops, discussions.
MozFest House: Kenya will take place from Thursday, September 21st - Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
As a Volunteer during MozFest House AMS, you can expect to:
- Help great participants and facilitators as they enter and navigate the MozFest House venue
- Assist with ticket registration and check-in, helping folks who might have basic questions or concerns
- Help people navigate the program and find the sessions they want to attend
- Work with facilitators and partners on venue setup and basic technical troubleshooting
- Supporting with administrative tasks
- Connect people with other MozFest and support staff if you don’t know the answer to a question
- Report and escalate any concerns regarding our community participation guidelines to the festival safety team
- Last, but certainly not least, checking out some of the fantastic sessions and discussions!
In 2023, MozFest House is harnessing our collective power to better our digital landscape, build transformative systems, and sustain momentum within our community towards positive human and digital rights progress. It is through the collective power of the people that we can actualize Trustworthy AI.
The ethos of volunteering lies at the very core of the movement and how Mozilla operates. It’s not just about showing up or getting experience to put on a resume. It’s about friendships, connecting throughout the year, and uniting together as one Mozilla community.
"The Volunteer program is made up of a group of people who have a love for the open web, internet health, and passion for the community. They embody the internet health movement."